Believe God’s Word, not men.
We have a relationship with God by faith.
Romans 4 –the illustration of justification [to be declared right] by faith
- The righteousness of Abraham by Faith Rom 4:1-5 / Abraham believed God v1-3a
- God counts Abraham righteous on the basis of Faith. Romans 4:3-5
There are three major imputations in the Bible
- Adams sin was imputed to all mankind. Rom 5:12
- All mankind’s sin was imputed to Christ. 2 Cor 5:21
- Christ righteousness is imputed to all believers. Rom 3:22, 4:24
- If salvation was earned by our works, then it would not be a free gift of grace but would be something God owed to us. Rom 4:4 / we saved by the basis of Faith, Rom 4:5, Eph 2:8-9
- The Righteousness of David by Faith Rom 4:6-8 / Ps 32:1, Ps 51:8-9 / Salvation comes not to those without sin, but to those whose inequities [violation] are forgiven and whose sins are covered. Also notice, Salvation comes permanently unto those, “ to whom the Lord will not impute sin.” V8 / 2 Cor 5:19-20, 1 Pet 2:24, 3:18. Eternal Security, John 10:27-29, John 5:24; 6:37-40
- The righteousness of all those with the faith of Abraham Rom 4:9-25